The majority of us are overweight and obese, and it's killing us! Who's to blame? Leptin Resistance!
What is Leptin? It's "starvation hormone" that is supposed to tell your brain that — when you have enough fat stored — you don't need to eat more. Overeating unhealthy foods can break this, which is exactly what the majority of us adults have managed to do.
In short, letting our food cravings take control of us has caused a vicious cycle that only makes it near impossible to lose weight. There is no prescription medication for this, the only way to remove it is to FIX your diet. Thankfully it can be done in 3-4 weeks, but strap in, because it's going to be tough
It's TIME to break FREE don't you think?
This guide will cover 8 of the best strategies that will help you tackle Leptin Resistance that I would recommend EVEN to my own mom.
1. Avoid processed food: Foods fried in industrialized fats are know to cause Leptin Resistance. Avoid these at all costs!
2. Cut down on carbs: Carbohydrates will spike your insulin levels, which will cause you to make you feel more hungry.
3. Avoid Over eating: Since Leptin is a chemical that should avoid us from overeating, to fix the Leptin System we need to avoid this. Keep those portions small!
4. Don't Snack: When you are constantly eating, even small amounts, during the day it keeps your liver working and doesn’t give hormones a break. Don't eat more than once every 4 hours. This also includes any drinks that contain calories.
5. Detox: A good detox will help flush out toxins gathered up from eating processed foods.
6. Eat soluble fiber: Eating foods high in fiber can lower your insulin levels. This will reduce that "hungry" feeling and will help you stick to a clean diet.
7. Sleep: Get into a healthy sleep routine. People who don't get enough sleep are more likely to feel stressed, and become Leptin Resistant!
How to know if it's improving?
- If you have less cravings for sugary foods, if you stick to eating healthy in 4 weeks they will disappear.
- Starting to lose weight? This could be a sign.
- If you wake up feeling refreshed and have more energy throughout the day.
- Your mood is more balanced and you fall asleep easier.
Where to from here?
You're probably wondering how on earth you're going to be able to stick to a strict healthy diet for a month straight? For that we have a little secret...